……COMMENDS NIGERIAN NAVY PATRIOTIC SERVICE TO NATION BUILDING.
The Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari has assured the Nigerian Navy of government’s continued robust support to aggressively drive the ongoing Fleet Recapitalisation Agenda of the present administration.
The President gave this assurance in a message to the closing ceremony of the 2021 Chief of Naval Staff Annual Conference, CONSAC, held at Government House, Kano, the State capital.
President Buhari who was represented at the ceremony as Special Guest of Honour by the Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) said the need to acquire more platforms for the Service is sacrosanct to enhance her capabilities to effectively secure the National waters against infractions by the sea pirates and other criminal elements.
He commended the present leadership of the Nigerian Navy under the leadership of the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo for the patriotic service to the nation in emplacing proactive performance in dealing with threats that are inimical to harnessing maritime assets and her rich economic prosperity.
The Special Guest of Honour who had attended all the technical Sessions and intellectual discuss on contemporary maritime issues in relation to the Theme of the 2021 CONSAC ; “Enhancing Nigeria’s Maritime Security For Improved National Prosperity” led Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umaru Ganduje, Former Chiefs of Defence Staff and Former Chiefs of Naval Staff, known as the Navy Icons to unveil the first ever Naval Doctrine to be emplaced since her inception in1956.
Earlier in their seperate remarks Governor Ganduje and the Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Gambo carried out a postmortem analysis of the 3-day Conference in relation to its enormous benefits to boosting Maritime Stakeholders Collaborative endeavours and the promotion of national security architecture of the country as a leading lethoral State in the West African Sub-region.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)