The Kwara State Police Command wishes to assure the good people of Kwara State of their safety at all times as adequate security arrangements has been emplaced in all parts of the state.
The command also wishes to allay the fear and anxiety of the people of Ilorin, especially in Baboko area where some hoodlums blocked the road, preventing free flow of traffic this morning, in protest of the incident of the arrested suspected cultist, who in an attempt to escape from the police took a dive into the river close to the scene of the arrest, the hoodlums took to the street and blocked the road.
It happened that, the arrest came on the heels of an actionable intelligence available to the Command, indicating that some suspected cultists were assembled at an uncompleted building in Baboko in readiness for an attack, A team of detectives were detailed to the scene.
Two of the suspects were arrested, while taking them to the station, one of the suspect by name Musbau Saheed ‘m’ jumped into a nearby river close to the scene, an attempt by the police and fire Service Officers to rescue him was delayed by hoodlums who made the rescue attempt difficult, eventually he was rescued and taken to hospital where he was confirmed dead.
The commissioner of police, CP Mohammed Lawal Bagega visited the scene and directed a discreet investigation into the matter, he also ordered that effort must be geared towards arresting the fleeing members of the group.
The CP advise members of the public to go about their lawful endeavors without any fear, as the police is on ground to ensure the safety and security of all citizens, please.
Sp Okasanmi Ajayi (anipr)
Police Public Relations Officer
Kwara State Police Command
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
KWARA STATE COMMAND.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends