A pregnant woman from Brazil was found dead with her baby cut out of her body after allegedly being lured to a fake baby shower by an old school friend.
The woman, identified as Flavia Godinho Mafra was believed to be 36 weeks pregnant when she died in Canelinha, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
According to NSC Total, Godinho’s school friend admitted using a brick to kill her after luring her to the murder scene on the pretence of a baby shower.
Paulo Alexandre Freyesleben e Silva, the detective in the case confirmed the cause of death of the 24-year-old victim, was a sharp cut to the abdomen and wounds from a brick, G1 newspaper reported.
On August 28, the woman’s lifeless body was reportedly found by the victim’s husband and mother at an abandoned pottery yard with the baby missing.
Police later revealed that the baby was taken to hospital by the suspect and her husband, who were both arrested.
The suspect, who was an old school friend of the victim, reportedly confessed to police that she had been planning to steal a child after she lost her own baby due to a miscarriage in January.
The baby girl remains in hospital where she is said to be receiving treatment for the injuries sustained when she was allegedly ripped from her mother’s belly.
Authorites are yet to confirm if the baby was removed while her mother was alive or if she was already dead.
Flavia, who studied pedagogy and worked as a substitute teacher, has been buried in the Municipal Cemetery of Canelinha.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment