ABOUT 244 repentant Boko Haram insurgents were on Monday released from detention by the Army to the Borno State Government.
The Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, disclosed this while presenting the released detainees to Gov. Kashim Shettima, at the Military Cemetery, Maimalari cantonment, Maiduguri.
He disclosed that the detainees comprised 118 males; 56 females; 19 teenagers and 51 children.
“The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, ordered the release of the repentant Boko Haram detainees and their family members.
“The detainees have been de-radicalised for reintegration into the society. We are handing over the detainees to Borno Government for administration ,” he said.
Shettima commended the military over the successes recorded in the counter-insurgency operation.
He said that the military had made significant contributions and sacrifices to the restoration of peace in the region.
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance