A renown politician and pioneer chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Layi Ogunrinade is dead. He was aged 80.
Although details surrounding his death were still sketchy as of the time of filing this report, family sources said the octogenarian died in his Iragberi country home in the early hours of Tuesday.
The death was confirmed by PDP State Secretary, Prince Bola Ajao in a chat with our correspondent on Tuesday.
He said the PDP would miss the elderly advice and wise counsel of the deceased and urged members and leaders of the party to ensure the legacies of service and simplicity of the late Ogunrinade were preserved.
Late Layi Ogunriade became PDP chairman at its formation in the state in 1998.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum