A renown politician and pioneer chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Layi Ogunrinade is dead. He was aged 80.
Although details surrounding his death were still sketchy as of the time of filing this report, family sources said the octogenarian died in his Iragberi country home in the early hours of Tuesday.
The death was confirmed by PDP State Secretary, Prince Bola Ajao in a chat with our correspondent on Tuesday.
He said the PDP would miss the elderly advice and wise counsel of the deceased and urged members and leaders of the party to ensure the legacies of service and simplicity of the late Ogunrinade were preserved.
Late Layi Ogunriade became PDP chairman at its formation in the state in 1998.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers