Jackson Riley, a five-year-old kindergarten pupil, has been suspended from school for making a terrorist threat in Modesto, California.
According to the Mailonline, Riley told his teacher at Great Valley Academy that he couldn’t take off his bag because he had a bomb inside.
The School officials then sent a letter home, saying Jackson violated a school code when he ‘intentionally engaged in harassment, threats, or intimidation’.
When his parents Ian and Michelle Riley complained that the rule only applied to students in grades 4 to 12, the school sent a second letter saying Jackson had made ‘terrorist threats. Read also: Burglar robs same house thrice in one hour
The father, who is a radio host said, “He’s got an imagination. In his mind, he’s being this hero that’s preventing you from being exploded from an imaginary bomb in his backpack.
“‘We don’t want terrorist threats to be on his permanent record, the kid is 5.
“We think the administration acted far too harsh on a 5-year-old. We truly want to stress that our issue is with the administration and that we absolutely love and adore our children’s teacher. She has been amazing with our son.” Read also: BREAKING: World’s fattest woman dies of kidney failure
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List