Jackson Riley, a five-year-old kindergarten pupil, has been suspended from school for making a terrorist threat in Modesto, California.
According to the Mailonline, Riley told his teacher at Great Valley Academy that he couldn’t take off his bag because he had a bomb inside.
The School officials then sent a letter home, saying Jackson violated a school code when he ‘intentionally engaged in harassment, threats, or intimidation’.
When his parents Ian and Michelle Riley complained that the rule only applied to students in grades 4 to 12, the school sent a second letter saying Jackson had made ‘terrorist threats. Read also: Burglar robs same house thrice in one hour
The father, who is a radio host said, “He’s got an imagination. In his mind, he’s being this hero that’s preventing you from being exploded from an imaginary bomb in his backpack.
“‘We don’t want terrorist threats to be on his permanent record, the kid is 5.
“We think the administration acted far too harsh on a 5-year-old. We truly want to stress that our issue is with the administration and that we absolutely love and adore our children’s teacher. She has been amazing with our son.” Read also: BREAKING: World’s fattest woman dies of kidney failure
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house