The Elerin of Erin-Ile, Oba Abdulganiyu Ibrahim has said that it was not right for any traditional ruler to vote to avoid partisanship.
Ibrahim told newsmen on Saturday in his palace that any traditional ruler that knows his worth should not vote.
”I do not vote because I am not supposed to vote as a traditional ruler. Any traditional ruler that knows his worth should not go and vote.
”This is because we have 91 political parties in the country and they all belong to us. Who do we want to vote for?
Ibrahim commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for conducting a credible election.
He said with the conduct so far, the postponment has been justified, stressing that, ”The process is very credible with all the information we have gotten so far, INEC has tried. There has been a lot of changes in their approach compared to what we used to have.
”Security operatives have been puting everything under control. So, to me, the postponement is justified.”
He however urged supporters to accept the outcome of the election in good faith and eschew violence.
”We hope that at the end of the day, the election result will be accepted by all irrespective of who wins.
” It should not be a do or die affair,” Ibrahim said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC