Barely three weeks to the end of the year, Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman, is yet to present the budget for 2020 fiscal year where he is expected to reveal his project plans covering all the facets of the state’s economy.
It would be recalled that, the immediate past Governor of the State, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, presented the last budget of his administration on Thursday 7, December 2018 in the sum of N157.5bn to the state House of Assembly.
However, President Muhammadu Buhari had on Oct 8, presented the 2020 budget proposal of N10.33 trillion to the joint session of the National Assembly while the sum of N10.594trn was on Thursday 5, December 2019 passed into law.
ROYAL NEWS reports although the governor had scheduled the swearing-in ceremony of his Commissioners-designate who are currently undergoing retreat in Patigi, Patigi Local Government Area of the state, to Monday 9, December 2019.
When contacted, the Governor’s Spokesperson, Rafiu Ajakaye, said: “I am not aware when the budget presentation will come up but I want to assure you that the press would be duly informed when it is time.”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92