An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court has remanded a 30-year-old woman identified as Sade Odubayo over an alleged attempt to kidnap a 4-year-old boy in Lagos.
The prosecutor, Insp. Chinalu Uwadione told the court that the accused who committed the offence on Sep 1 at No. 4, Lower St., Ikorodu, Lagos is facing a charge of attempted kidnap.
Uwadione stated that the accused was caught as she was about to lead the boy out of the compound.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs A.O. Adedayo, in her ruling, granted the accused bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Adedayo said the sureties should show evidence of three years tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
The offence contravened Section 277 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
She adjourned the case until Sept. 26 for mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL