“Enough now, this needs to stop twitter” said Marcus Rashford
After the clash between Wolverhampton wanderers and Manchester United on Monday night, some fans have directed racial abuses towards Paul Pogba on social media due to the penalty kick he lost during the match.
Marcus Rashford has called on twitter to ensure necessary actions are taken against the culprits. The Manchester United forward said “Manchester United is a family. Paul Pogba is a huge part of that family. You attack him you attack us all …”
Harry Maguire, the most expensive defender valued at 80 million pounds also joined Marcus Rashford in urging twitter to work more on their platform towards the prevention of racial discrimination and abuse. Maguire said “Disgusting. Social media need to do something about it… Every account that is opened should be verified by a passport/driving licence. Stop these pathetic trolls making numerous accounts to abuse people”.
Also, Manchester United has strict policy against racism and the English football club said they are ready to take the “strongest course of action” against whom ever is found guilty of racial discrimination and abuse.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike