After the clash between Wolverhampton wanderers and Manchester United on Monday night, some fans have directed racial abuses towards Paul Pogba on social media due to the penalty kick he lost during the match.
Marcus Rashford has called on twitter to ensure necessary actions are taken against the culprits. The Manchester United forward said “Manchester United is a family. Paul Pogba is a huge part of that family. You attack him you attack us all …”
Harry Maguire, the most expensive defender valued at 80 million pounds also joined Marcus Rashford in urging twitter to work more on their platform towards the prevention of racial discrimination and abuse. Maguire said “Disgusting. Social media need to do something about it… Every account that is opened should be verified by a passport/driving licence. Stop these pathetic trolls making numerous accounts to abuse people”.
Also, Manchester United has strict policy against racism and the English football club said they are ready to take the “strongest course of action” against whom ever is found guilty of racial discrimination and abuse.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency