Speaker of Jigawa State House of Assembly, Mr Isah Idris has been impeached at an emergency meeting held on Thursday.
The meeting had in attendance 20 out of 30 lawmakers.
The House, after the impeachment unanimously voted Idris Garba Kareka as the newly elected Speaker of the House.
Also impeached, were Majority leader, Sank Isiyaku as well as Chief Whip, Aminu Sule Sankara.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption