Suspected armed bandits are demanding N350 million as ransom before releasing 65 Adara natives kidnapped by armed bandits from Libera Gida, Kallah ward in Kajuru local government area of Kaduna State.
The kidnappers said they have 77 persons in their captivity, and that they could be released if the said amount of money is paid to them.
The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, spokesman, Luka Binniyat, made the revelation in a statement, explaining that, “SOKAPU had earlier reported that 10 of the 65 abducted villagers were able to escape a day after they were kidnapped. Going by latest village headcount, 72 persons are being held by the kidnappers. They are made up of 16 males and 56 females.”
He said, “It will, therefore, mean that the kidnappers have captured some other persons to make up for the 77 captives they are claiming. Surprisingly, Kaduna State Government that has made it a habit of churning out daily updates on the security situation in Kaduna state has not made any mention of this mass abduction which occurred in Libere Gida around 11:30 pm of the 22nd April, 2021.”
The statement added that Libere is close to the three major IDP camps in Kajuru local government area, in Kallah town, Geffe and Rimau where not less than 5,000 have been staying under subhuman conditions since they were chased out from their various villages in May 2020 by armed Fulani herdsmen.
SOKAPU lamented that the Kaduna state government has never visited or mentioned their existence not to talk of assisting them with any relief material.
The statement noted that in the past one week, communities of Libere village in Kallah ward, Kujeni and part of Kutura in Tantatu ward, including Kurmin Wali in Afogo ward have been deserted.
In Tantatu Ward, the statement said villages like
Edanu, Ungwan Mudi, Ungwan Rana, Ifele and Ungwan Gora have been taken over by the armed bandits.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections