Suspected armed bandits are demanding N350 million as ransom before releasing 65 Adara natives kidnapped by armed bandits from Libera Gida, Kallah ward in Kajuru local government area of Kaduna State.
The kidnappers said they have 77 persons in their captivity, and that they could be released if the said amount of money is paid to them.
The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, spokesman, Luka Binniyat, made the revelation in a statement, explaining that, “SOKAPU had earlier reported that 10 of the 65 abducted villagers were able to escape a day after they were kidnapped. Going by latest village headcount, 72 persons are being held by the kidnappers. They are made up of 16 males and 56 females.”
He said, “It will, therefore, mean that the kidnappers have captured some other persons to make up for the 77 captives they are claiming. Surprisingly, Kaduna State Government that has made it a habit of churning out daily updates on the security situation in Kaduna state has not made any mention of this mass abduction which occurred in Libere Gida around 11:30 pm of the 22nd April, 2021.”
The statement added that Libere is close to the three major IDP camps in Kajuru local government area, in Kallah town, Geffe and Rimau where not less than 5,000 have been staying under subhuman conditions since they were chased out from their various villages in May 2020 by armed Fulani herdsmen.
SOKAPU lamented that the Kaduna state government has never visited or mentioned their existence not to talk of assisting them with any relief material.
The statement noted that in the past one week, communities of Libere village in Kallah ward, Kujeni and part of Kutura in Tantatu ward, including Kurmin Wali in Afogo ward have been deserted.
In Tantatu Ward, the statement said villages like
Edanu, Ungwan Mudi, Ungwan Rana, Ifele and Ungwan Gora have been taken over by the armed bandits.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku