He made the claim while delivering the keynote speech at a stakeholders’ Retreat organised by the Kogi PDP Renaissance Group in Abuja on Saturday.
According to Gana, “I have never seen this level of corruption as we have today. In fact, the level of corruption makes the PDP governments look like angels because corruption is now a thousand times worse.”
Aside the corruption situation, he also took a swipe at the nation’s economy managed, saying that it is nothing to write home about.
“The Misery Index in Nigeria is the worst in Africa. The level of indebtedness in the past few years is such that every Nigerian is now in debt. The Naira is perhaps one of the most useless currencies in Africa today,” Jerry Gana noted
However, he said the perceived woes of the Buhari administration presented an opportunity for the PDP to reclaim power in 2023, if it gets its acts right in terms of strategy, organization, grassroots presence, credible primaries, justice, equity and fairness.
Gana added that the opposition party would also need to create a pool of required resources and logistics to coast home to victory in the next general elections.
On what the PDP should do to also snatch Kogi from the APC in 2023, the ex-minister said: “You have the best chance to take over power in Kogi. Kogi is very central because every part of Nigeria passes through Kogi. Whoever is ruling Kogi cannot lie because if you are doing something, people will see it and know. If you are not doing anything, the people will know. We have the people and the resources, so Kogi has no excuse not to excel.”
Speaking also, the immediate past Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who left the meeting mid-way to catch up with another political engagement in Delta State urged the party member to set aside their differences and work together to reclaim the state.
“Kogi has witnessed change in fortune since 2015 but I am happy because today’s meeting sends a strong message to the PDP family throughout the country.
“We must not forget that our party, the PDP is the landlord in Kogi that was robbed of victory in the past elections. So, we must set aside our differences in the interest of the party,” Saraki said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal