Three students of Plateau State Polytechnic who were kidnapped on Wednesday 12 January 2022 have been rescued unhammed by troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN deployed at Barikin Ladi.
This is contained in a statement issued on Thursday by the Military Information Officer of the operation, Major Ishaku Takwa.
According to him, “The troops deployed at Nding Sesut a remote community in Barikin Ladi noticed an unusual movement of persons during patrols.
“Troops immediately conducted cordon and search in the general area that led to rescue of the three students at an abandoned poultry farm.
“The victims have since been united with their families while manhunt to apprehend the suspects is still on going.”
While commending the vigilance and efforts of the troops, the commander Operation SAFE HAVEN, Major General Ibrahim Ali has commended the law abiding citizens who provided credible information to the security agencies.
He reiterated his resolve to making Plateau state a difficult terrain for criminals to operate.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo