The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has urged the leadership of the national assembly to speedy processes that will lead to the passage of the Nigerian Legion Act.
He also noted that the pending debarment allowance and other related welfare benefits for the serving and retired members of the Nigerian Armed Forces are receiving actionable attentions at the appropriate quarters.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the minister stated this at a Media briefing for the 2022 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration held at the Army War College, Abuja.
He said all hands must be on deck to ensure that the series of activities lined up for the ceremony are hitch free.
Magashi who outlined the activities for the 2022 AFRD to include Emblem Launch and Appeal Fund by President Muhammadu Buhari on 20th, October next week at the State House disclosed that, “Others include Nigerian Legion Humanitarian Day, Religeous Services and Wreath – Laying Ceremony by the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria at the Cenotaph to climax the ceremony on 15th January, 2022.”
He also highlighted some achievements of the Ministry of Defence under his watch to include prompt payment of Pension and Gratuities, the establishments of the Nigerian Veterans Foundation, Skills Acquisition Centre and Agro -development Support Programmes.
Others activities, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s spokesperson, Mohammed AbdulKadir, include empowerment of the Defence Health Maintenance Limited, DHML to provide quality health Insurance Service for Vetarans, Widows and dependants of the fallen heroes.
He however asusred veterans of government’s genuine packages for their well-being, even as he appealed to Nigerians to support the Nigeria’s armed forces in their various campaigns to defend the nation’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules