The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has urged the leadership of the national assembly to speedy processes that will lead to the passage of the Nigerian Legion Act.
He also noted that the pending debarment allowance and other related welfare benefits for the serving and retired members of the Nigerian Armed Forces are receiving actionable attentions at the appropriate quarters.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the minister stated this at a Media briefing for the 2022 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration held at the Army War College, Abuja.
He said all hands must be on deck to ensure that the series of activities lined up for the ceremony are hitch free.
Magashi who outlined the activities for the 2022 AFRD to include Emblem Launch and Appeal Fund by President Muhammadu Buhari on 20th, October next week at the State House disclosed that, “Others include Nigerian Legion Humanitarian Day, Religeous Services and Wreath – Laying Ceremony by the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria at the Cenotaph to climax the ceremony on 15th January, 2022.”
He also highlighted some achievements of the Ministry of Defence under his watch to include prompt payment of Pension and Gratuities, the establishments of the Nigerian Veterans Foundation, Skills Acquisition Centre and Agro -development Support Programmes.
Others activities, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s spokesperson, Mohammed AbdulKadir, include empowerment of the Defence Health Maintenance Limited, DHML to provide quality health Insurance Service for Vetarans, Widows and dependants of the fallen heroes.
He however asusred veterans of government’s genuine packages for their well-being, even as he appealed to Nigerians to support the Nigeria’s armed forces in their various campaigns to defend the nation’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Ekiti guber race: APC constitutes 61-member campaign council
- Ahmed Lawan, Orji Kalu visit Katsina ahead of APC presidential primaries
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi