How doctor ‘sedated, raped’ patient inside hospital in Kwara
Ayodele Joseph, Chief Medical Director of Ayodele Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State, has been accused of raping a patient who came for medical treatment.
The suspect was arraigned on a two-count charge of act of gross indecency, and rape contrary to sections 285 and 283 of the penal code.
Police report revealed that the defendant, (Dr. Ayodele), sedated the patient, who is a professional nurse and eventually had sexual intercourse with her outside her consent.
According to the report, the nurse went to the hospital for medical treatment when the doctor, who claimed to be having twenty seven years experience in the medical field, took advantage of her under sedation.
“Investigation into the matter however led to the recovery of the video recording containing sexual action of the defendant on the victim while medical text also confirmed that the said nurse was assaulted and raped”, the charge sheet added.
Prosecutor, Gbenga Ayeni, informed the court of the gravity of the offence and the motion attached to the police report seeking the remand of the suspect.
Magistrate Gbadeyan Jumoke Kamson, who handled the case granted Ayeni’s prayer for remand while the matter was adjourned to May 18th, 2023.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate